Please look at the list of the countries that have the visa exemption agreement with Japan. If your country is included in the list, you usually do not need to apply for an entry visa to Japan. By contrast, if your country is not included in the list of the countries that have the visa exemption agreement with Japan, you need to obtain a short-term stay visa (“tanki-shouyou visa” in Japanese) from the embassy of Japan in your country. Accordingly, whether the attendees need ‘Letter of Reason for Invitation‘ fully depends on the relations between countries. The conference organizers hereby reiterate that we are neither able to nor authorized to decide the relations between countries.
Letter of Reason for Invitation
A Letter of Invitation is a proof that your paper submission and registration application are accepted by the conference committee board. It will be stated in English and may help with your visa application. That is, the letter provides you with an official reason to come to Japan, but whether the attendees can obtain the Visa completely depends on the embassy of Japan in your country. The conference organizers hereby reiterate that we are neither able to nor authorized to make decision on behalf of the embassy of Japan in your country.
Based on the past ten years, over 90% of attendees who do not need to apply for an entry visa to Japan. As for the remaining 10% of attendees who need to apply for an entry visa to Japan, 99% of them get the visa to visit Japan. However, few persons are not admitted to enter Japan due to personal reason. The Japanese government have to protect and avoid the potential risks. Therefore, please visit Japan embassy website at http://www.mofa.go.jp/ for information and regulations about your visa application, and read carefully the Japanese visa guide provided by the ministry of foreign affairs. Visa application and approval works are executed by the embassy of Japan in your country that makes a decision on issuing a visa. Hence, the conference organizers hereby reiterate that we are neither able to nor authorized to contact 192 countries' Japanese embassies around the world.
Once again, please visit The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website on http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/short/novisa.html#section2 for information and regulations about your visa application. If your application be denied, the conference organizers are neither able to nor authorized to change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. About the policy of registration fee refund, please see Question 9 of FAQs shown on the conference website.
Finally, we highly welcome worldwide scholars, government officials, business associates, and young students attend the conference, and firmly believe that supreme international academic conferences will enhance academic development and dissemination. Through engaging in international academic events by listening and discussion of the latest and innovative research results delivered by scholars and professionals from all over the world, you will find lots of collaboration opportunities and make friends from peers you like to co-work. Thanks for your coming Japan.
A ‘Letter of Reason for Invitation” is an official document which confirms a registration payment and extends an official invitation to the paid registrant to attend and participate in the upcoming conference. It provides you with an official reason to come to Japan. It may be required for visa application if you are from a country that does not have a visa exemption agreement with Japan.
In order to qualify for a Letter of Reason for Invitation, you must meet both of the following criteria:
1. Be a registered audience member or the author of an accepted abstract and/or paper
2. Have paid the conference registration fee in full
Subject to approval, all ‘Letter of Reason for Invitation’ will be sent by email as a PDF attachment and a physical copy mailed to your residence or place of work. Please provide ample time for this to be processed.
A ‘Letter of Guarantee” is a letter in which an individual or body agrees to be legally and financially responsible for you during your stay in Japan. You may know a willing individual or institution in Japan who is willing to act as a guarantor, or, if you have no connection with the country, the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs may find that it is acceptable to have your university act as the guarantor. Kindly note that the conference organizer cannot provide ‘Letters of Guarantee’.